Custom Treatment Process
Every patient is different. Our custom treatment process is geared specifically to you and your needs. Back pain can be caused by many different variables, for example, from an auto accident, slip and fall, and or sports collision. This is the reason we take your unique circumstances seriously because we have many different forms of treatment. First, we take X-rays and conduct a full physical exam to assess the severity of your pain and diagnose the source of it. We then discuss our recommendations with you on the course of treatment we feel best suits your circumstances.
Once you understand the course of action we plan to take and you are in agreeance to it, only then will your recovery treatment plan be initiated. Your treatment plan may include a mix of skeletal adjustments, physical therapies, and soft tissue therapies. As we progress through your treatment plan, we will evaluate how you feel before and after every session. This ensures we are treating the problem correctly and not causing others to flair up. Everyone reacts differently to treatments, which is why we take this approach in case we need to adjust our treatment along the way.
Spinal alignment is important to your overall health and how you feel every day. Chiropractic care offers many health benefits, such as musculoskeletal and nervous system function, improves digestion, chronic headaches or migraines, increased energy, joint dysfunction and relief from the pain you may be experiencing. Regular chiropractic visits help relieve the pain from acute or chronic lower, mid, and upper back pain you be experiencing. Our chiropractic services can also take the place of medication use. Treating symptoms with medication only numbs your issue for a brief period. Instead, we find and treat the source of your pain.
Conditions We Can Treat
We specialize in relieving back pain, neck pain, headaches or migraines, and much more. We offer care for patients who struggle with many different musculoskeletal injuries, whether those injuries are due to bad habits, improper diet, occupational hazards, or have resulted from a traumatic injury. Consult with us to determine whether chiropractic treatment is right for you. Back pain comes from:
- Disc Pain: Spinal disc pain can be caused by several different issues. Spinal discs either being ruptured, torn, bulging or herniated are the main pain-causing culprits. Other forms of disc pain are caused by disc protrusion or having a slipped disc. The more serious issues are caused by a disease known as degenerative disc disease. The spinal disc itself could be the issue if it degenerates or dehydrates in the spinal segment. The pain caused by this disease varies from chronic low-level pain to the occasional far worse pain.
- Pinched Nerves: Pinched nerves in the back are caused by many things. When a spinal disc has slipped out of place, it is not so much the displacement of the disc that causes the pain but rather what is leaking out of the pinched disc inflaming or irritating nearby nerves. This is known as radical pain or nerve root pain. These can be described as shooting or sharp pains that travel to other parts of the body. For instance, depending on where the displacement has occurred, it can shoot pain into your neck and down your arms or into your lower back and down your legs.
Common issues that cause back pain:
- Auto accident or collision: The trauma associated with an auto accident, slip and fall, or sports collision causes most upper back pain. The jolting of the one’s spine causes spinal discs to displace, pinching of nerves, injuring spinal bones, and straining of muscles or ligaments are common results of these accidents.
- Poor Posture: Sitting for long periods from either working or driving with poor posture can cause structural changes and bad muscle memory to occur. The muscles that hold the spine in alignment become weak and allow for bad habits to form. When you hunch forward at your desk or behind the wheel, the weight of your head and shoulders creates pressure on your spine. Your muscles that protect your spine are now being used constantly to stabilize your spine and in turn, will cause upper back pain.
- Overworking and improper lifting: Overworking and lifting heavy objects incorrectly are prime candidates in causing upper back pain. For instance, maybe you helped with a painting project or you moved boxes around and over your head. Whether you are left or right-handed would determine how your back will react after favoring either side while painting or moving. Overworking these muscles will leave them fatigued and susceptible to injury. Lifting heavy objects from the floor can be tricky also. You want to be sure to use your legs and keep the weight of the object centered as much as possible. This helps take the pressure off the spine and not allow any spinal discs to slip.
If you are experiencing any of the back pain conditions listed above, chiropractic therapy may be right for you. Let us diagnose your back pain issues and start a treatment plan. Start living a pain-free life!